GRACE A MOI

Who? Your #1 favorite traveler (aka me)
What? a blog, obviously
When? 8 whole months from September 2011-May 2012
Where? The smallest town in which I've lived: Issoudun, France
Why? ...Oh gosh...why not?

Monday, December 19, 2011

joyeuses fêtes

 Salut!

So it is officially vacation time again here!  I’ve actually got quite a vacation planned- Laura’s 20th birthday, followed by my family’s arrival, followed by New Years! 

It is officially wintertime here, and everyone here is waiting to see if it will be a warm and humid weather (in which case, lots of rain is expected) or if it will be cold and dry (in which case there is usually a smattering of snow and sun).  As a result of some crazy storms and some very high winds, most of the leaves have blown off the trees, so it looks like winter now.  Since we had nice weather Saturday morning, I went for a walk and took some pictures:

A picture of the Saturday morning market stands with le belfroi in the background.

La Tour Blanche in winter.

This park is where the old men play boule (or bocche ball).

The view in the park looking towards la Tour Blanche.

In other news, by now Laura’s birthday has already come and gone, but it was a good time for all!  We had a big birthday celebration with family friends from the aeroclub.  There were 12 people in total, and we lived it up by having a special meal and then dancing.  Here are some pictures of the celebration:

Everyone had a lit candle homage at their place.

Remember that I mentioned a Paris Brest?  Well this is one from the local patisserie.

Laura with cake #1.

Chocolate Mousse with a candle like a bonfire.

Clearly it's a dance party if there is a disco ball!

Dance floor.

Tired, sweaty, but happy from dancing.

All the youngins from the party.

Now I’m preparing for the arrival of my immediate family!  YAY!  We’ll be in Paris from December 21-28, and then we’ll return to Issoudun and I’ll show them around town.  Following that, Laura and I plan on spending New Years together, most likely in Issoudun.  What we’ll do is to be determined! 

So happy holidays to all, and keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment